Saturday, March 29, 2008

Let's Chat

So I'm just going to dive right in with the whole blog thing, but first I'm going to give you a little background information. I'm Rachel, I have some pretty awesome people in my life. I love my friends and family (most of the time) and I think that happiness is key. My parents are divorced,
this just happened like, last week too. My dad moved out on wednesday, and i just came 
back fromsleeping over his place. Now we will really get into this blog thing. 

Friday night, my friend Dan came over. Dan is my best friend Erik's boyfriend, or ex-boy friend. It's so complicated. Erik's parents are British and very religious, small minded, ignorant etc. Erik's father is the pastor of a Lutheran Chruch... that explains it ... right? Everyone always thought the Erik's parents (well... his father) would be incredibly excepting and totally fine with it. Apparently, we were wrong. Erik was pressured to come out (he's only bi... relax) by our friend Tyler.
And then he was pressured oto come out by his parents. Erik and his mom had a long disussion and eventually told his mom that he wasn't gay... but bi. His mom couldn't stop crying, erik just went to his room and called Dan. When Erik's dad came home, he saw that Sally (Erik's mom) had been crying, she told him. 
Now erik has to go to family counceling with his parents, he isn't allowed to hang out with anyone until he goes to counceling. They took his cell phone away and they were bashing everyone. My friend Sarah who is such a dyke, she is also known as Queer kid on myspace and You Tube, is also awesome friends with Erik but since this whole thing went down, Erik can't hang out with her either. When Erik asked why he couldn't hang out with Sarah any more, they said that she comes from a "screwed up family if they except her being a lesbian." We are all freaking out. His parents started to blame me! I'm not gay but apparently this is all my fault and I advocate "gayness." Erik even started to blame me, even though I've been friends with him for FOUR years and this JUST happened. Can you tell I'm flipping out? They need to blame something, so they are blaming his friends and taking away the only things that are keeping him sane. I cannot stand ignorance. Yes, I go to LIGALY (long island gay and lesbian youth) most friendays, but i NEVER even thought of dragging Erik there. I asked him if he wanted to go, because he had infact expressed that he had feelings for other guys and he said "yes." Proof that i didn't drag him: I couldn't go one week, and he STILL went and hooked up with some guys and participated in a grind line. So there, there is my proof! God, I sound like an old Jewish man just off the boat. Everyone is so upset and confused, I can only imagine what erik is feeling, having his friends blamed for this mess, it must suck, alot. That's about it for today, I think I'm going to hang out with Dan today again... maybe we'll have another coture photoshoot, those are always fun! My mother is going to make me clean my room
... and get rid of EVERYTHING, and I'm supposed to go to a birthday party with Jess, I wonder if thats going to happen...?

Till we meet again!

No comments:


About Me

Bay Shore, New York, United States
I consider myself fairly creative, and pretty damn witty. I have unruly hair and unruly parents. I'm not very classy and my only goal in life is to be able to dance like a fabulous black gay man. I constantly feel the need to express my self. writing, acting, singing, dancing, painting, drawing, meditating are all things I enjoy. I'm different, I don't care what other people think of me, as long as they don't percieve me as a negative person.